What is gold?
Learn about "Gold Mining Methods" HERE
– The Roman Empire was responsible for the introduction of massive exploitation techniques in gold mining.
Under Julius Caesar, gold became the centre of the Roman monetary system.
– The Inca civilization found in Peru (South America) believed that gold was the sweat of Inti (the Sun God) and as a result of this belief gold is used for producing of all types of religious items like sun disks and masks. – Gold is used in dentistry because it is chemically inert, non-allergenic, and easy for the dentist to work. Gold is known to have been used in dentistry as early as 700 B.C.
– During the 19th Century, gold rushes across various parts of the globe triggered mass miner migration, such as the famous California Gold Rush between 1848-1855.
– The top five gold producers in the world, as of 2017, are China (426 tonnes), Australia (295.1 tonnes), Russia (270.7 tonnes), the United States (230 tonnes), and Canada (175.8 tonnes).
– Canadian giant "Barrick Gold Corporation" is on of the top gold mining companies in the world, with an impressive range of global operations including Canada, Australia, Argentina, Zambia, The Dominican Republic and Saudi Arabia.